The ACMlab series is Arts Council Malta’s regular platform for information, networking and matchmaking sessions as well as discussions and regular meetings with the sector.
As part of our commitment towards active brokerage in the cultural and creative sector, ACMlab will be our platform to share information and good practices, debate cultural matters and facilitate networking between peers and other stakeholders. In conjunction with these sessions, we will create and update a resource toolkit to support you as a creative professional or as an organisation active in the cultural and creative industries.
ACMlab 2022 sessions:
- ACM Funding Schemes and Opportunities - Tuesday 18 January 2022
- VAT Procedures for Artists - Tuesday 8 February 2022
- The Working conditions of artists: Local and European perspectives - March 2022
- EU funding programmes and funding opportunities for the Cultural and Creative Sectors - April 2022
- International Experiences - May 2022
- ACM Funding Schemes and Opportunities - June 2022
- Creative Europe and Diversity and Inclusiveness in the Cultural and Creative Sector - July 2022
- Pedagogical opportunities and challenges to arts educators - September 2022
- Meet the artists - October 2022
- Other Funds: Malta Film Commisison, Malta Book Council, Heritage Malta, Malta Enterprise - November 2022
- Sustainability and Regeneration through Culture - December 2022
ACMlab 2021 sessions:
ACMlab 2020 sessions:
ACMlab 2019 sessions:
ACMlab 2018 sessions:
ACMlab sessions held in 2017:
- February: Networks, Artists in Residency and Cultural Exchanges
- March: Building trust – securing space for all: supporting voluntary organisations in widening cultural participation
- April: Self-censorship: how free is free?
- May: The Entrepreneurial Mind-set
- June: Know Your Audience
- September: Building and Developing Online Audiences by Dr. David Stevenson
- November: Pricing your art, a panel discussion
ACMlab sessions held in 2016:
- Crowdfunding the arts – 21 Jan 2016
- Webinar 3: Legal issues in the Arts (starting at 18.00) – 8 Feb 2016
- Strategic planning for arts organisations – 11 Feb 2016
- Get sponsored – 29 Mar 2016
- Creative Projects in the Community: Ethical Considerations – 26 May 2016
- Freelancing in the Arts - a Tax Survival Guide – 23 June 2016
- Pitching Internationally – 28 June 2016
- Approaching the Media – 28 July 2016
- Setting up...for profit or not for profit – 29 Sept 2016
- Meet the Journalists – 3 Oct 2016
- Inspiring Young Audiences – 17 Nov 2016
- Reviewing the Arts: a Conversation between Critics and Artists – 07 Dec 2016
All sessions start at 18.30. Participation is free of charge. For more info send us an email on email@example.com. Places are allocated on a first-come first-served basis.
Sessions may be photographed/filmed for documentation and promotion purposes.