The Project Support Scheme is one of Arts Council Malta’s tools to enable individuals, groups, and organisations to plan, develop, be represented in, and deliver on ACM’s strategic goals and ongoing strategy.
Primarily it addresses creative professionals and communities, by:
• Nurturing creative potential and supporting its development by encouraging co-creation, collaboration and experimentation;
• Investing in artistic excellence by encouraging levels of creative risk, experimentation, and active engagement of communities while supporting quality projects as well as identifying talent and encouraging its development;
• Documenting and exploring Malta’s past and present artistic and cultural communities, as well as Malta’s cultural and artistic legacy;
• Promoting and supporting diversity, inclusivity and community development – enabling collaborative arts projects, knowledge development and dissemination of good practice;
• Providing disadvantaged groups with accessibility to a wide range of quality art experiences and art-engagement activities, as well as acting as a platform for young promising talent and intergenerational as well as intercultural dialogue.
The scheme forms part of Arts Council Malta’s funding schemes which aim to invest in the development of quality-driven creative work which pushes the artists’, the sectors’, and communities’ boundaries for more engaging creative experiences. The Project Support Scheme aims to support artists and communities in taking creative risks, to develop new work through experimentation and collaboration.
This scheme gives creatives support throughout the development and implementation phases and covers the time and resources needed for creative professionals and their collaborators to develop projects from their concepts.
Creative professionals/individual artists; Entities registered with the Malta Business Registry (including companies, partnerships, foundations and organisations/associations); Groups, Collectives and Consortia; Registered Cooperatives; Voluntary Organisations enrolled with the Commissioner for Voluntary Organisations.
The deadline to apply is Thursday 6 October 2022 at noon. Late application cannot be accepted.
Applicants are required to register a new profile as from January 2021.