The Arts in Schools Scheme is one of Arts Council’s Malta tools to sustain and support the cultural and creative ecology, with a focus on arts education
The Scheme forms part of the Council’s commitment to engage educators and creative practitioners in dialogue and collaboration. The aim is to encourage students and educators to engage with the creative and cultural sectors and to explore innovative pedagogical approaches for the application of the arts in schools. The scheme is also in line with Arts Council Malta’s objective of advocating for a broader inclusion of creativity and the arts in education strengthening further 21st century education and skills.
The scheme encourages collaborations between an educational institution and a creative practitioner for each project.
The objectives of the scheme are:
• To bring creative practitioners into schools and education institutions to work with educators and students to inspire, learn and create in a collaborative and innovative way
• To support projects that engage with the schools’ local community and the Maltese artistic scene
• To support projects which complement the curriculum for early years up to secondary education and strive to add value to the learning experience and to the institutions’ environments
• To champion innovation and collaboration across fields and encourage students to push the boundaries of creative arts within post-secondary and tertiary institutions
• To encourage collaboration between educational institutions, the culture and creative industries, and other relevant sectors such as science and technology.
Who can apply?
The Grant is open to educational institutions or college offering formal education from Early Years Cycle to Tertiary Education.
Arts Council Malta will hold match making sessions at Esplora in Kalkara on the 09th March 2023 between 09:00 and 13:30 and on the 10th March 2023 between 16:00 and 20:30. Registration for educational institutions is required via https://forms.gle/gpPautf1PuzGFZXW9.
Registration for creatives is required via https://forms.gle/Zz2tSSKV1vG73PMj6
The deadline to apply is Wednesday 12 April 2023 at noon. Late application cannot be accepted.
Click here to download guidelines and download application template.
Applicants are required to register a new profile as from January 2021.
Any applications related to this entity, will also be automatically deleted.