Malta International Arts Festival 2019 is calling for performing artists in theatre, dance and music to submit a proposal for a production
One of the strands of the festival will include a gulet (sailing vessel) acting as a floating stage with a performance area of 10m x 5m. The performance will take place on the main deck of the vessel whilst the audience will be on land. The deck will be equipped with a basic lighting rig and sound system. Due to the nature of this concept, we encourage the applicants to keep the technical rider simple; however, if something is essential for the performance, please indicate this in your submission. Duration of performance should be between 15min – 30min.
€1,500 as artist fee will be offered to the successful candidates where they will be expected to perform the work on allocated days between the 28th of June and the 14th July 2019.
Send your application to the attention of Ms Caroline Agius - Festival Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org by January 30th 2019. Chosen artists will be notified by February 28th, 2019.
In your application please include:
1. Name & surname, address, email and mobile number
2. Name of company / group / ensemble
3. Medium / Genre
4. Title of work
5. Description of work (150 words)
6. Stage plan and technical rider
7. Duration of work (between 15min – 30min)
8. Website, YouTube / Vimeo channel … or links to online videos of previous work
9. If the project proposed is not a new work, include online video links and photos of the work proposed
10. Deadline for application January 30th, 2019
Disclaimer: The Malta International Arts Festival reserves the right to reject any of the proposals subject to the decision of the artistic director.