MICAS (Malta International Contemporary Art Space), is seeking to recruit a Manager – Events & Logistics to manage its Cultural Calendar while overseeing the execution and implementation of same.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Candidates must be in possession of a recognized Post-graduate Masters degree in Public Administration, Business Management, Arts or related subject and three years experience in Events management.
- Candidates must be in possession of a recognized first degree in Public Administration, Business Management, Arts or related subject and five years experience working in administration or management.
- In-depth knowledge of cultural policy, creative industries and the creative economy.
- Proven ability to manage a matrix environment, collaborate across multiple departments and influence all levels within an organization.
- Managing the MICAS Cultural Calendar while overseeing the execution and implementation of same.
- Managing logistics, operations and all other requirements and ensuring that all is in place
- Managing all events effectively while ensuring that all activities run smoothly
- Managing a variety of tasks to deliver the Cultural programme to an excellent standard
- Coordinating with government entities
- Liaising with all stakeholders
- Lead the execution of the programme from start to finish, driving collaboration with the stakeholders, PCO’s, agencies and other partners while leveraging the right internal processes
- Develop and manage clear procurement policies
- Supporting the Director/CEO and the marketing team in terms of brand management.
- Executing a development plan for each and every event
- Preparing timelines for the production of the various Cultural Events
- Leading on the delivery of all administrative and support functions
- Ensuring all teams are supported throughout the Cultural Programme
- Supporting and managing all staff in managing supplies and resources
- Ensuring duties and areas of responsibility are appropriately delegated and monitored
- Manage of all operational and marketing budgets including analysis and reporting to the Director/CEO.
- Preparing budgets and updating regularly
- Following environmental and sustainability policies
- Liaising with agencies in the management and tenancy of all venues
- Managing the get in of temporary sites during the Cultural Events, ensuring appropriate premises, IT, power and connectivity are in line with requirements
- Evaluating the impact of marketing programs in achieving their stated objectives
- Proposing and managing research projects to understand ways of developing the Cultural Programme
- Managing the legal and practical Health and Safety requirements of the organisation, utilising professional advice where required
- Ensuring that appropriate insurances are in place throughout the events cycles
- Ensuring that insurances are well maintained and reflect the needs of the organisation and that these offer adequate protection for the particular events
- In partnership with the Director/CEO, arranging required staff training associated with fire safety, first aid and health and safety
- Exploring opportunities for growth and maximisation of sales in line with existing policies
- Establishing sales targets for the events and overseeing the delivery of initiatives to support and deliver these
- Following any other ad hoc assignments in relation to MICAS as may be directed and agreed with Director / CEO.
- S1 Basis Salary: Maximum Grade 5 of Arts Council Salary & Grading Structure: €28,081
- Annual Increase: €808
- Maximum Salary: €28,081
Benefits / Allowance:
- Performance: Up to 10%: €28,081.10
- Others: Disturbance Allowance of up to 15%: €4,212,15
- Total Benefits: €7,020.25
- Current Year Recurrent Expenditure: €35,101.2
If you are interested in becoming part of the team, kindly apply by sending your CV on email@example.com
Closing Date: 5th June at noon.
Jobsplus Reference Number 285/2020.