The ACMlab series is Arts Council Malta’s regular platform for information, networking and matchmaking sessions as well as discussions and regular meetings with the sector.
As part of our commitment towards active brokerage in the cultural and creative sector, ACMlab will be our platform to share information and good practices, debate cultural matters and facilitate networking between peers and other stakeholders. In conjunction with these sessions, we will create and update a resource toolkit to support you as a creative professional or as an organisation active in the cultural and creative industries.
ACMLab 2019 sessions:
- Using Social Media for Artists - Wednesday 30 January 2019
- European Cultural Networks - Connections, collaborations and opportunities - Tuesday 12 February 2019
- Going Global - Tuesday 26 March 2019
- Innovation and Idea Generation - April 2019
- Migrant Integration and the Arts - May 2019
- Intellectual Property - June 2019
- Pitching Projects - July 2019
- Fundraising for cultural non-profit organisations - September 2019
- PRS for Music - October 2019
- Arts as a tool for meaningful learning - November 2019
- Knowledge sharing and co-creation - December 2019
ACMlab 2018 sessions:
ACMlab sessions held in 2017:
- February: Networks, Artists in Residency and Cultural Exchanges
- March: Building trust – securing space for all: supporting voluntary organisations in widening cultural participation
- April: Self-censorship: how free is free?
- May: The Entrepreneurial Mind-set
- June: Know Your Audience
- September: Building and Developing Online Audiences by Dr. David Stevenson
- November: Pricing your art, a panel discussion
ACMlab sessions held in 2016:
- Crowdfunding the arts – 21 Jan 2016
- Webinar 3: Legal issues in the Arts (starting at 18.00) – 8 Feb 2016
- Strategic planning for arts organisations – 11 Feb 2016
- Get sponsored – 29 Mar 2016
- Creative Projects in the Community: Ethical Considerations – 26 May 2016
- Freelancing in the Arts - a Tax Survival Guide – 23 June 2016
- Pitching Internationally – 28 June 2016
- Approaching the Media – 28 July 2016
- Setting up...for profit or not for profit – 29 Sept 2016
- Meet the Journalists – 3 Oct 2016
- Inspiring Young Audiences – 17 Nov 2016
- Reviewing the Arts: a Conversation between Critics and Artists – 07 Dec 2016
All sessions start at 18.30. Participation is free of charge. To book a place, send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Places are allocated on a first-come first-served basis.
Sessions may be photographed/filmed for documentation and promotion purposes.