The ACMlab series is Arts Council Malta’s regular platform for information, networking and matchmaking sessions as well as discussions and regular meetings with the sector.
As part of our commitment towards active brokerage in the cultural and creative sector, ACMlab will be our platform to share information and good practices, debate cultural matters and facilitate networking between peers and other stakeholders. In conjunction with these sessions, we will create and update a resource toolkit to support you as a creative professional or as an organisation active in the cultural and creative industries.
ACMLab 2020 sessions:
- Marketing the Arts - Monday 6 January 2020
- "Backstage Stories - Where do we start?" - Thursday 23 January 2020
- Networking - Thursday 13 February 2020
- Financial Planning & Budgeting - Tuesday 3 March 2020
- Creative Europe - April 2020
- Digital Games Fund - May 2020
- Communicating The Arts - June 2020
- Project Pitching & Project Management - July 2020
- Malta Enterprise - September 2020
- Song Writing & Production - October 2020
- Funds Other - November 2020
- The environment in the CCS - December 2020
ACMLab 2019 sessions:
ACMlab 2018 sessions:
ACMlab sessions held in 2017:
- February: Networks, Artists in Residency and Cultural Exchanges
- March: Building trust – securing space for all: supporting voluntary organisations in widening cultural participation
- April: Self-censorship: how free is free?
- May: The Entrepreneurial Mind-set
- June: Know Your Audience
- September: Building and Developing Online Audiences by Dr. David Stevenson
- November: Pricing your art, a panel discussion
ACMlab sessions held in 2016:
- Crowdfunding the arts – 21 Jan 2016
- Webinar 3: Legal issues in the Arts (starting at 18.00) – 8 Feb 2016
- Strategic planning for arts organisations – 11 Feb 2016
- Get sponsored – 29 Mar 2016
- Creative Projects in the Community: Ethical Considerations – 26 May 2016
- Freelancing in the Arts - a Tax Survival Guide – 23 June 2016
- Pitching Internationally – 28 June 2016
- Approaching the Media – 28 July 2016
- Setting up...for profit or not for profit – 29 Sept 2016
- Meet the Journalists – 3 Oct 2016
- Inspiring Young Audiences – 17 Nov 2016
- Reviewing the Arts: a Conversation between Critics and Artists – 07 Dec 2016
All sessions start at 18.30. Participation is free of charge. To book a place, send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Places are allocated on a first-come first-served basis.
Sessions may be photographed/filmed for documentation and promotion purposes.