The International Cultural Exchanges Scheme forms part of Arts Council Malta’s Internationalisation Strategy for the cultural and creative sectors. It addresses international cultural exchanges, focusing specifically on the outgoing mobility of Maltese and Malta based artists, as well as their art works and cultural productions.
The spread of Covid-19 has temporarily made travel more difficult. However, it has given digital cultural exchanges an enormous boost. This scheme also addresses this, and allows artists to exchange their art works not only physically, but also digitally.
ACM strongly encourages, but does not limit, cultural exchanges with the following: the Mediterranean, the Middle East and Africa.
The objectives of this scheme are to assist Maltese and Malta based artists with the following:
• To increase international accessibility and exposure, to tour their productions, to build networks and to experience the work of artists from around the world in its cultural context
• To showcase creative excellence to international cultural programmers, festival-makers, operators and audiences at large and to sustain and develop professional work
• To encourage international collaborations and exchanges, with the aim of building bridges with the rest of the world, to enable further understanding and to gain trust with other people through culture
• To promote cultural diversity and strengthen cultural relations worldwide.
This scheme supports:
• International collaborations
• Participation in international festivals, exhibitions, showcases, networking events, films, conferences, artist residencies and fairs. Participation can take place also in a digital format
• Marketing, including digital as well as printed adverts, in (for example) international art/ literature/ film magazines, train stations, subways, buses, bus stations, ferries, parks, websites, social media platforms, TV programmes etc. This is specifically for overseas collaborations/projects.
• The production of audio visuals of completed artworks and cultural productions, which are then presented to international programmers, producers and collaborators overseas. This could include, for example, the filming of a theatrical or a dance production, filming of art installations, poetry readings, exhibitions, fashion shows etc
• The production of websites and demos for international promotion purposes.
Creative professionals/individual artists over 18 years of age; Entities registered with the Malta Business Registry (including companies, partnerships, foundations and organisations/associations); Groups, Collectives and Consortia; Registered Cooperatives; Voluntary Organisations.
The deadline to apply is Thursday 10th June at noon. Late applications cannot be accepted.
Applicants are required to register a new profile.
To apply for this scheme click here.
To access past applications submitted until December 2020 you need to login on https://www.artscouncilmalta.org/login.