Salzburg Global Seminar invites young cultural innovators based in Malta, to apply for the 5th annual session of the Young Cultural Innovators Forum, supported by Arts Council Malta in partnership with the U.S. Embassy in Malta
The Young Cultural Innovators (YCI) Forum is a ten-year initiative designed to nurture the current generation of young cultural innovators through capacity building, mentoring, and global networking. The network is multi-disciplinary and encompasses creative disciplines ranging from the visual and performing arts, literature, and cultural heritage, to foods, fashion, architecture, and design.
The YCI Forum offers an opportunity for participants to be part of an intensive programme taking place at Schloss Leopoldskron in Salzburg, Austria, from October 16 to 21, 2018. Combining theory and practice, with keynote presentations focusing on “big picture” issues facing the cultural sector and with skills-building sessions on communicating value; principles of self-organization; cross-sectoral collaboration; and leadership and values. Selected participants will receive a full scholarship to participate in the YCI programme, including the session fee, room and board.
To qualify, all applicants must:
• Be 25–35 years of age.
• English is the working language of the YCI Forum.
• Work in Malta.
• Have at least 1–3 years of professional experience in the cultural sector, creative industries, and/or at an arts organization or institution.
• Want to become an active member of the Malta YCI Hub and global network, and be prepared to commit time, energy, and resources to sustaining these.
• Aim to create social change and strengthen the position of the arts and cultural institutions within your community.
• Demonstrate creativity in approach to work, openness to innovation and risk-taking, action-orientation, and entrepreneurial inclination.
• Have a cross-sectoral approach to work and demonstrate an interest in building cross-sectoral alliances/partnerships beyond the cultural sector.
• Exhibit passion, enthusiasm, and leadership potential.
The deadline for applications is 23 July 2018.
For further information about the application requirements visit https://www.salzburgglobal.org/multi-year-series/yci.html?pageId=8366
All applicants must submit the following information online using the registration form at my.salzburgglobal.org.
For questions concerning the application please contact Bernadette Prasser.