Improve your chances of raising funds for arts and culture by developing your leadership and entrepreneurial skills.
Learn how to help arts and cultural organisations thrive
As the global funding landscape is changing rapidly, arts and cultural organisations are becoming increasingly concerned about what actions to take. On this course you will learn about the importance of developing organisational resilience through effective leadership and management, and how to diversify income streams by becoming more entrepreneurial. You will explore different leadership styles, change management and entrepreneurship, so you’ll be in a better position to lead your organisation’s fundraising strategy and offer better value to your audiences.
What topics will you cover?
- Introduction and overview: why are we talking about arts fundraising and organisational development? Global perspectives.
- A values-based approach to vision and mission development and the implications of this for authentic arts fundraising.
- The role of leaders and leadership in managing changing cultures of fundraising and organisational development.
- Theories and practical applications of change management in the arts and cultural sector.
- An evolving ecology: Cultural entrepreneurship and new venture creation.
- Developing and debating ‘resilience’ by critically exploring emerging business models and structures in the arts and cultural sector.