KorMalta is seeking to engage an experienced and enthusiastic service provider to serve as an administrator, to provide administration services to the choir, including the coordination of rehearsals and concerts including all relevant ancillary work.
KorMalta, Malta’s National Choir, is an initiative of Arts Council Malta, within the Ministry for the Local Heritage, the Arts and Local Government. KorMalta handles both a cappella as well as symphonic repertoire with musical ensembles. The entity performs an average of 6 concerts per season. KorMalta is also providing professional training for its choristers with masterclasses by local and international tutors.
The Administrator responds to the Chairperson of the Administrative Committee of KorMalta in accordance with the policy established by Exec Chair ACM.
- Duties and responsibilities
- Lead the team, undertaking regular management meetings and work planning.
- Line manage administrative staff and provide appropriate support to freelancers and contractors.
- Prepare and present reports for quarterly board meetings including management accounts, cash flow, touring and production update and other reports as required by the Board.
- Represent the company at meetings, events, receptions, workshops and performances.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the company.
- To ensure that the Agency has the policies, procedures and systems in place to both support effective management of the Agency and facilitate the work of the staff.
- To manage all the procurement activities including subcontracting by the Entity ensuring that all legal and other regulatory requirements are fully satisfied.
- To manage all facilities and services of the Agency.
- To establish and maintain a resource centre and an archiving system for storage of records and other documents.
- Lead on the delivery of the environmental plan.
- To travel, whenever necessary, with KorMalta and oversee the smooth day-to-day administration of a tour. Ensure that all performance obligations are met and that the company receives payments after each engagement.
- To develop and sustain a collaborative working environment with other public cultural organizations.
- To Liaise with senior officials within the Ministry to identify and resolve real and potential problems pertaining to the provision of resources.
- With the Artistic Director, to lead on company forward planning and development of strategic plans, including productions, domestic and international touring, projects, participation and partnerships.
- To lead on the roll-out, updating, monitoring and evaluation of the Business Plan, including the components of finance, human resources and office services, consulting with The Artistic Director, board, staff, stakeholders and partners as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with Arts Council Malta and other funders and stakeholders.
- Lead on the identification and development of local, national and international partnerships and performance opportunities, including commissions.
- To travel, whenever necessary, together with the Artistic Director, internationally in search of artists, venues or festivals.
- Skills and competencies
Applicants must, by the closing date of submission of the application, be in possession of:
- An MQF Level 6 of education
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience, particularly in relation to choir management.
- Knowledge of the local Choir scene.
- Track record of delivering according to deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with a variety of collaborators and stakeholders.
- Proficiency in English and Maltese, with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm and motivation to deliver KorMalta’s vision.
- Capable of working both independently and within a team, with an attention to detail.
Abnormal Service Conditions
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Most of the work will be held after normal office hours and the candidate must be flexible to work on weekends and evenings depending on the rehearsals and performances of the entity.
Submission of Applications
Applications, supported by the necessary documentation, which should include a detailed C.V. are to reach firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than 2nd October 2020, noon.
Applicants will be paid upon presentation of a valid fiscal invoice. The selected service provider will be responsible for all the relevant taxation and social security contributions as requested by national legislation.
Basis: Contract for service on an if and when needed basis.
Fee: €9,500 excl VAT per annum.
Duration: 1 year renewable for further periods of 1 year for a maximum of 3 years upon the discretion of Arts Council Malta.