The Personal Assistant of the Gallery Manager will report directly to the Gallery Manager and/or Artistic Director of Valletta Contemporary and will assist the Gallery Manager in the day-to-day running of the art gallery and retail gallery shop.
Their job will also liaise with the Front of House – Sales, Marketing & Communications & other team members.
This includes general gallery duties and three main objectives: exhibition coordination, management & communications which could also include fundraising and educational initiatives.
Certain tasks will involve training and general hand over.
Interest & willingness to learn will be included as an asset for your application.
An enthusiasm for contemporary visual art would be a plus.
General & Administrative
General/Exhibition Management & Co-ordination
The part-time job entails a minimum of 28 hours per week. Tuesdays to Fridays from 11.30am to 7.00pm. Additional hours will be added during exhibition openings and events taking place after 7.00pm.
- Driven, ambitious, helpful and motivated personality encouraged.
- Excellent communication skills, good team worker, ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Excellent in organizational ability and prioritization of task handling.
- Bachelor's degree (Example: Art History, Digital Arts) or related job experience in related areas would be equally considered. Other degrees such as arts management, business studies marketing and sales, would be equally considered as well.
- Open-minded, detail-oriented, self-motivated, highly educated and punctual is most essential.
- Strong and clear written & oral communication is primarily in English and preferably Maltese.
Other spoken languages will be a plus.
- Aptitude/interest in online communications is a must.
- Friendly, helpful, confident and engaging personality with a client relation focus.
- Good word processing and desktop computer skills, email and internet.
- Software skills: photo editing, Adobe Creative Suite and more would be a plus.
To apply please email a motivation letter and curriculum vitae addressed to Norbert Francis Attard,
email@example.com by Tuesday 23rd July 2019, 6 pm.
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held Saturday 3rd August 2019.
Please note, we are unable to give feedback on individual applications.
The position of PA to the Gallery Manager – Exhibition Coordinator, Management & Communications is expected to commence preferably on 3rd September 2019.