The services of an Artistic Adviser are required at the VCA, starting from April 2019 with an average of 40 hours of service per month
The Contract for Service will be for a period of twenty-four months. The service shall be remunerated at €19 (excluding VAT) per hour and will not exceed the total of €10,000 (excluding VAT but including any other taxes or charges) per year.
The Valletta Cultural Agency
The VCA is a Government entity that sustains and strengthens the capital city’s vibrant cultural life through the creation of an annual programme of creative events developed in collaboration with artists and other Public Cultural Organisations. A legacy of the Valletta 2018 Foundation, the VCA also upholds standards of excellence in the coordination and organisation of cultural events in the city, while encouraging access and participation by a diverse audience.
An Adviser is required to provide guidance on artistic matters, while developing in conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer and the Head of Programming & Production, an artistic vision and focus for the Agency for the forthcoming three years.
• Advising on all artistic aspects of the VCA;
• Guiding the formulation of the VCA’s artistic vision and the planning of its Cultural Programme;
• Promoting the VCA as a platform for public debate on artistic concepts in Valletta;
• Advising on methods to engage existing audiences and developing new audiences, at national and international levels;
• Increasing communication, networking and collaboration between the different stakeholders making up the artistic scene locally and internationally;
• Collaborating with Public Cultural Organisations;
• Fostering international artistic relations, partnerships and collaborations;
• Maintaining a good working relationship with all service providers and employees involved in the VCA;
• Any other duties that may be assigned by the Chief Executive Officer of the VCA or his / her representative.
The selected service provider will work under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer of the VCA and will be required to be available for meetings via internet, on-site and at the office. S/he will have flexible working hours and will be able to provide services during unscheduled or at unusual times as required by the exigencies of work.
Qualifications and Experience Required
Interested applicants must be in possession of a Degree in Cultural Management, Artistic Performance, Visual Arts or in a field related to the arts at MQF Level 7 and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the cultural and / or artistic sector.
A minimum of ten years’ proven experience in the cultural and / or artistic sector.
Interested applicants are to have:
• Proven knowledge of the cultural sector, locally and internationally;
• Excellent communications skills;
• Ability to communicate in English and, preferably, also Maltese;
• Excellent networking skills;
• Ability to develop artistic concepts;
• Proficient computer skills (MS Office and Outlook);
• Strong attention to detail.
Interested applicants are required to send a motivation letter addressed to the Chief executive Officer, together with an artistic portfolio, a CV and certified true copies of certificates by email on: email@example.com by not later than noon of Friday 19th April.
Late applications will not be considered.
Eligible applicants will be asked to sit for a selection interview which may be conducted over the internet.